Sr. Manager, Operational Development
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
As the Sr. Manager of Operational Excellence, you will be part of the ground floor of service operations development. This position will report the Director of Operations on the Service Operations team. You will be a critical part of building a culture of principles focused on driving continuous improvement. You will work within many areas of service operations, driving processes across all areas of service operations and collaborating with key cross functional stakeholders with the common goal of creating feedback loops that enable team members to be more effective and efficient with tools and processes needed to provide industry leading service to our customers.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Act as lead to standardize and improve service operations
· Work in collaboration with field operations personnel to standardize best practices and improve efficiency and workflow through all service offerings
· Build strong culture of constant improvement
· Setup KPIs for service operations, monitor efficiency and accuracy of KPIs and value
· Analyze data from the field to identify areas to improve performance and customer satisfaction
· Use first principle to identify, test theories, validate, and implement improvement plans
· Establish best standard practices and cultural acceptance when implementing improvements
· Set standard practices and independently determine impact to processes
· Collaborate with cross functional teams and all stake holders to build a culture to constantly improve processes
· Report and present to leadership team a full impact study when implementing improvement processes
· Collaborate with Service Analytics and Operations to illustrate cost and customer impacts
· Constant act as a business partner, working collaborative to eliminate waste
· Act as a voice of the team on the ground as well as a voice of the customer, creating a channel for identifying and escalating issues and opportunities for improvement
· Provide feedback on efficacy of systems, processes, tooling, training and knowledgebase
· Partner with field teams to create methods of visual workflow management
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED
· 10+ years of experience in automotive, OEM, tier 1, and/or technical field, with emphasis in operations, engineering, quality, service, supply chain, and/or logistics
· BS or MS preferred in related engineering/operations discipline
· Experience in leading teams in an automotive or high-tech environment
· Proven success in driving project requirements in a complex environment
· Experience managing a global organization and manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Proven experience applying 5S, lean, 6sigma methodologies to unusual and complex problems
· Specific knowledge of applying: Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, Kaizen, and other methodology principals to improve processes
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with high level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
· Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus.
· Ability to travel as needed
· Strong written and communications skills
· Extremely detail oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.