Materials Engineer – CAE Specialist
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
The Materials Engineer – CAE Specialist is responsible to provide materials engineering support to CAE/FEA teams material properties and data cards.
· Provide material data support for CAE in a variety of areas. This includes general load analyses, crash analyses, sealing analyses, fatigue and durability analyses
· Set data acquisition methodology to obtain experimental materials properties for CAE. This includes metals, plastics and composites, as well as adhesion and welded joints
· Develop methodology of converting engineering stress-strain to true stress true strain based on intrinsic material properties, including strain-hardening
· Develop FEA material data cards for LY-DYNA, ABAQUS, MOLD-FLOW and other relevant programs, including card verification
· Work with CAE teams, product engineering teams, and materials specialists to enhance model and CAE capability
This is what you’ll need:
· M.S./Ph.D. in Materials Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy, and Chemistry is preferred
· General knowledge of the mechanical behaviors of automotive materials, both metallic and nonmetallic, as well as joints
· 3+ years experiences supporting CAE
· Working knowledge of LY-DYNA, ABAQUS, and molding simulations
· Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
· Very organized and detail oriented in documentation, report writing, and cross functional data management
· Exceptional communication skills
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Materials Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.