Vehicle Test Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Execute safety-related testing for vehicle developments, including occupant, structures, battery, ped-pro, full vehicle, others
• Coordinate across teams to plan and procure parts necessary for testing
• Physically attend and execute testing collaborating with test labs.
• Communicate test results and analysis through written reports and summaries for group meetings.
• Summarize areas of improvements in test setups for future
• Plan and execute design of test fixtures for components and sub-system level tests
• Confirm test setups as per regulations and crash protocols
• Contribute to the testing related discussions to improve safety system performance
• Work closely with Rivian’s Crash safety Testing lead to plan, coordinate and execute all necessary testing
• This role reports directly to Rivian’s Crash Safety Testing Lead
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Minimum BS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering required with 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Willingness to work in a physical testing environment is MUST
• Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills and software proficiencies (CAD softwares, Excel, PowerPoint and other data analysis software) are required
• Occasional travel, out of state will be required as per need.
• Good understanding of the FMVSS/ECE regulations
• Good understanding of the NCAPs and IIHS protocols
• Good understanding of overall automotive safety systems is MUST
• Prior Experience with physical testing of safety components and systems (static testing, impactor testing, sled testing and full Vehicle Testing) is a MUST
• Experience with post processing test data along with CAE is needed.
• Hands on CAE skills (LSDYNA, MADYMO) are well appreciated.
THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
Department: Attributes & Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.