Design Release Engineer - Audio Systems
Irvine, CA /
Electrical Hardware – Hardware Design /
This is what you’ll do:
· Oversee the definition, design, and development of supplier collaborated and off the shelf audio systems into Rivian Platforms.
· Develop and Integrate class and technology leading audio systems for Rivian vehicles
· Analyze Class A surface data and work iteratively with studio designers and suppliers to ensure manufacturing feasibility.
· Work with vehicle integration team on packaging of audio components to drive proper sound staging and audio quality attributes.
· Develop DVP (Design Verification Plan) and internal test plans related to performance at component and vehicle level.
· Collaborate with internal resources, interface with suppliers, and collaborate with all Rivian organizations on the design and integration, including, Body, Interiors, Styling, and Technology Teams.
· Support design, sourcing, prototyping, testing, audio tuning and calibration, and manufacturing activities.
· Research, establish, and achieve targets for performance, quality, cost, investment, and weight.
· Coordinate supplier meetings, lead design reviews, and track and resolve issues.
· Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets.
This is what you’ll need:
· B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Audio Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
· 5+ years of experience in audio engineering and component development, preferably in automotive or an application with similar quality, durability, packaging, and environmental intrustion requirements
· Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes.
· Experience self-managing issues to closure involving all necessary teams.
· Experience with release processes related to vehicle development.
· Experience developing audio systems including packaging needs for speakers, subwoofers and microphones to meet a quality performance.
· A good working knowledge of GD&T
· Ability to understand electrical topology and circuit diagrams.
· Working knowledge of LIN / CAN (Local Interconnect Network / Controller Area Network) database systems.
· Be able to work independently, under your own initiative.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.