Director of Hardware Architecture
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Build and lead a team of engineers defining the next generation of vehicle platforms for Rivian and B2B Customers
· Translate vehicle and customer requirements to vehicle and component architectures.
· Work directly with suppliers to understand technology timelines and to drive development paths to meet production needs
· Work Closely with Vehicle Systems, Software Integration, vehicle packaging, Systems integration, and component development teams to push the limits of what is possible with emerging technologies.
· Partner with research, core technology, hardware, and supply chain teams to create vehicle and module requirements.
· Develop and prototype emerging hardware technologies and platforms
· Develop and inspire engineers to perform at their peak.
· Work to solidify complete architecture development processes.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 8+ years Managing a High Performance team of engineers in multiple disciplines
· 12+ years of hardware design, vehicle architectures, or technology specification
· Deep first principles understanding of technology and its implementation
· Experience working in high performance/high reliability transportation products
· Solid understanding of the development process and vehicle timelines.
· Strong understanding of packaging limitations, weight, power, and performance tradeoffs
· Strong understanding of vehicle level power/signal/weight distribution.
· Strong experience working across multiple sites
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Hardware Systems Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA or San Jose/Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.