Vehicle Line Director
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Product Development /
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE:
You are responsible for all aspects of the delivery of a whole vehicle program. Working with our customer, you will support the definition of a comprehensive set of vehicle requirements and attributes. You will then take leadership of the program through all stages to SOP + 90 days when the vehicle will be handed over to the manufacturing team for serial production. Your responsibilities will be commercial as well as technical. You will establish the required investment and agree to an investment budget and spend profile which will then be managed and tracked monthly. You will also establish a price target and manage delivery to this through regular reviews.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the design, development and delivery of an innovative electric vehicle.
- Be directly responsible for the timing, performance, cost, and quality of the entire project.
- Build a world class cross functional team to enable delivery.
- Work closely with customer to establish targets and performance specifications.
- Taking an active part in the design review process you will lead the design team to ensure successful delivery of features,
specifications and performance.
- Integrate a complex self-driving sensor and control suite into the vehicle architecture.
- With the support of the vehicle integration and development teams you will ensure that proof of concept and design
validation testing targets are established and delivered on time.
- Working with the manufacturing engineering team and with representatives on the project you will ensure full
manufacturing feasibility at all stages using techniques such as DFM and PFMEA to ensure smooth prototype builds and
- Working with the purchasing and supplier quality assurance teams, you will ensure all suppliers are nominated on time to
support DFM activities and that contracts are placed to support tooling and prototype and production builds.
- You will be responsible for the establishment and reporting of status to the senior leadership team and shareholders.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven leadership and team building capability in an innovative high technology environment.
- World class project management capability with track record of delivery within the automotive industry.
- Excellent first principles engineering knowledge.
- Master’s degree qualified engineer.
Department: Product Development
Reporting to: Executive Director of Engineering & Programs
Location: Southern California
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, Los Angeles and London as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.