Principal Engineer – N&V Testing
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
· Be awesome. Be curious.
· Lead a nimble and energetic group of N&V test and development engineers by providing technical insight and operational leadership
· Assist to deliver overall vehicle N&V performance
· Organize and perform benchmarking studies to enable target setting early in vehicle programs
· Work closely with the vehicle, design and N&V teams to guide vehicle development and feature sets to ensure no customer dissatisfaction
· Develop and institute best practices
· Ensure the team and technical status is reported at a program and departmental level
· Become recognized as the technical lead for all N&V related testing and development
· Build and develop a documented methodology to ensure the team moving forward can continue the process and ensure vehicle targets are met
· Develop relationships across the business and externally to ensure the work of the team influences the vehicle and industry in a positive manner
· Participate in design reviews to ensure right first-time design philosophy
· Define/refine a physical DVP to ensure and deliver world class N&V performance, working to execute and train younger members of staff in the state-of-the-art process
· Assess a variety of N&V challenges during development and, through a first principles approach, root cause and resolve the challenges
· Support vehicle launch at the assembly plant with root cause and problem solving
This is what you’ll need:
· Amazing attitude, can-do spirit and adventurous mindset.
· Previous experience in N&V (10+ years), ideally within the automotive sector with a focus on full vehicle N&V development and testing
· Knowledge of the current simulation tools available and how to leverage/implement them
· Strong leadership behaviors, ideally with direct team management experience
· Expert in N&V analysis, and vehicle testing
· Direct measurement experience is an asset
· Proven track record of ability to define, manage and deliver plans
· Keen interest and demonstrated ability to root cause and solve challenging N&V problems
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Performance and Attributes
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.