Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world, both globally and relative to its environment. This is accomplished by processing and fusing input data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors
In this role, you will be responsible for sensing and creating a virtual representation of the world around the vehicle in real-time to support L2 and L3 automated driving features. You will be contributing to localization and sensor fusion that are essential for achieving L3 automated driving in our vehicles.
This is what you’ll need:
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
· Sensor fusion
· Kalman filtering / stochastic estimation
· Association / tracking of multiple targets / objects
· Camera / Lidar based mapping
· Detection of objects
· C/C++ programming experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
· Good team player with great communication skills
· Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
· Embedded software development and optimization experience
· Experience in automotive application
· Point Cloud Library (PCL)
· Iterative Closest Point (ICP)
· Prototyping real-time applications
· GNSS / IMU Integration
· Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.