NVH Development Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
· Assist in planning, testing, and conducting NVH analysis of vehicle components, interpreting results, and providing feedback to the development team
· Participate in testing benchmark vehicles, support vehicle target development, drive scheduling and testing for prototype and early production vehicles to validate CAE results and assess vehicle’s NVH performance.
· Actively engage in developing test procedures and processing techniques.
· Analyze structure and air born noise, acoustic performance, and other sound quality performance for vehicle development
· Development of component and vehicle structure to set and meet targets for NVH.
· Target setting for vehicle, system and component levels using benchmarking, simulation, and engineering experience.
· Work alongside the CAE team to develop targets from vehicle to component levels. Measure vehicle to validate targets and work to improve systems if needed.
· Perform all manner of NVH testing (modal analysis, TPA, ODS, etc.)
· Root cause and develop feasible solutions to challenging problems
· Support vehicle launch with assessment, testing, root cause and issue resolution
This is what you’ll need:
· An amazing attitude, can-do spirit and adventurous mindset.
· 4+ years of NVH experience in automotive or related field.
· Experience performing Modal Analysis, Transfer Path Analysis (TPA), general data collection and digital signal processing.
· Experience in specifying materials for interior and exterior vehicle acoustic packages, including sealing of body pass-throughs.
· Experience using test techniques including transmission loss, absorption, and basic aeroacoustic and transfer path principles.
· Understanding of digital signal processing and sound quality metrics.
· Wind tunnel testing experience.
· Proven track record of problem solving and independent root cause analysis.
· Engineering, Physics, or similar Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University, Master’s preferred
· Demonstrated leadership and ability
· LMS Test Lab experience is preferred.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Attributes and Performance
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.