PR Manager, R1 Program
Irvine, CA /
Commercial – Communications /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Live and breathe Rivian’s R1T pickup and R1S SUV.
· Partner with our Experience Communications Manager for R1 launch, staying with the vehicle program afterward and maximizing our opportunities to tell its stories as the program matures.
· Help push R1 into the places it would love to go- lifestyle and outdoor publications, design publications, and automotive spaces.
· Learn as much about R1 as the teams who built the program. Our customers are hungry for bottomless technical and product detail- you’ll help to make sure they have it baked into content both by and about us.
· You’ll represent our company’s focus on environmental stewardship into everything we do with media and the public.
· You’ll think outside the traditional man-with-truck narrative to welcome and create stories about R1 and families, exploration, adaptive use, and environmental stewardship.
· You’ll track perception of R1 over time and will never stop looking for opportunities.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience supporting an automotive or technology program.
- Deep understanding of how a car works, the differences between the EV and traditional automotive media environments, and the places where we fit best in each world.
- Understanding and excitement around being part of a lean, high-responsibility comms team.
- A focus on bringing warmth, fun and inclusiveness to media and customer interactions with our products.
- Fully developed writing and communication skills.
- You need to be a radically good listener who takes time to learn about Rivian, who minimizes “I,” and who is comfortable representing and communicating our values implicity and explicity as part of external interactions.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.