Technical Specialist, Service
Irvine, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
Responsible for the research and development of service repair procedures of Rivian vehicles. This role will require high levels of energy and initiative, comprehension of the vehicle service repair process and cross-team collaboration. Must be able to complete projects in a compressed timeline.
This is what you’ll do:
· Research and create service repair procedures for mechanical & electrical components of Rivian vehicles utilizing CAD software
· Work closely with technical publications to support development of service repair manual
· Perform technical reviews of service manual content & coordinate final buy-off with product engineering
· Lead on-vehicle validation of repair procedures and provide feedback for required updates and corrections
· Validate common tooling used during automotive service repair & identify any special tools that need developed
· Ensure that programs and processes are developed, assessed, communicated, and administered in compliance with Rivian’s objectives
· Provide technical support and direction during Labor Time studies
· Interact with the entire Service Engineering & Operations Organization
· Support the field with technical solutions for uncommon vehicle repairs
· Utilize design software and systems to identify and create repairs and parts(Catia, DELMIA, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
this is what you’ll need:
· 2+ years experience in the automotive repair industry
· Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines
· Ability to work independently, accurately, and effectively in performing task or duties as assigned to completion
· Good time management skills and ability to work within guidelines
· Professional demeanor, strong communication, writing and presentation skills
· Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
· Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
· Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
· Occasional travel required
Education and Training:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Automotive service repair knowledge required
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Service Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.