Systems Engineer, Vehicle Integration
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop and execute vehicle integration plans related to ADAS & Self-Driving related sub-system integration while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives
· Lead all efforts related to integration including overall vehicle build, commissioning/bring-up of various sensor & actuator systems, and developmental testing on prototype and production vehicle platforms
· Collaborate cross-functionally with electrical, mechanical and software development & validation teams across the organization to ensure vehicle platforms are functional and robust to support further development & validation activities
· Identify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality
· Deep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts
· Support systems engineering activities including interface definition, development and functional testing in coordination with various vehicle-level systems such as Powertrain, Chassis, Body and HMI systems
· Support preliminary functional verification of ADAS-related SW releases on various test vehicle platforms -prior to hand-off to development & validation teams
· Support internal teams with preliminary integration of new technologies
This is what you’ll need:
· B.S+ in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automotive vehicle systems or similar applications
· Strong understanding of dependencies between various electrical & mechanical systems - experience with systems engineering / automotive network architecture / vehicle integration
· Strong working knowledge of automotive electrical systems and communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet) and relevant debug tools
· Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
· Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software concepts and development processes
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment -proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
· Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
· Clean driving record - experience driving prototype test-vehicles in test-tracks is a plus
· Experience with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is a plus
· Experience with mechanical integration of systems and packaging is a plus
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.