Senior Test/Validation Engineer - Camera, Imaging and Vision
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
At Rivian, we’re re-imagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
This is what you will do:
· Develop and maintain comprehensive test coverage, test plans and automation for all the Automotive camera use cases
· Define the test procedures and validation infrastructure to perform test and validation of the camera systems and surround view camera use cases
· Collaborate with requirements, engineering and HW teams to understand the metrics, KPIs, standards and certification requirements
· Perform the competitive analysis, benchmarking camera features and solutions
· Participate in the requirements and design reviews to derive and build the necessary test coverage
· Define the test suits to meet FMEA, DFMEA requirements
· Work closely with engineering team in root cause analysis of test case failures and assist in trouble shooting.
· Build Test automation tools for various regression tests.
This is what you’ll need:
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the camera, imaging or computer vision domains.
· Experience in Automotive Camera domain or device camera domain
· Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
· Knowledge in Automotive camera systems and software stacks and use cases (ex: back up view, rear view, surround view, 360-degree surround view)
· Ability to work in fast - paced development environment
· Ability to write test coverage, test case and engineering documents
· Proactively identified the gaps in test and validation coverage
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Good team player with great communication skills.
· Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.