Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design sub-systems and components for electric drivetrain including electric motor stator & rotor.
- Generate/revise detailed 3D CAD models and 2D drawings of electro-mechanical and mechanical from in-house motor design and electric drivetrain specifications.
- Review designs & drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Support developing component technical specifications, DVP&Rs, test plans as well as Statements of Work (SOW) as required.
- Analyze & verify designs with analytical and/or numerical methods as required.
- Support DFM & DFA external and internal for cost efficiency, manufacturability and reliability.
- Design of associated assembly tooling and fixtures for dynamometer & lab testing.
- Participate in suppliers’ meetings. Lead and/or support product development with suppliers.
- Work closely with supplier quality Team to ensure product quality is met.
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables including designs, drawings, analyses and other documentations as required.
- Troubleshot and support root cause analysis.
- Support motor and sub-systems performance with hands on experiments & testing.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering staff to support internal R&D efforts.
- Perform a variety of tasks and lead development activities.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· BSME degree with 3+ years of experience in mechanical design preferably related to electric drivetrain and electric rotating machinery, MS preferred.
· Proficiency in CATIA V5 or V6.
· Proficiency in GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis.
· Knowledge in sand cast, high pressure die cast and injection molding in both design & manufacturing.
· Understanding various manufacturing techniques of both low & high-volume production.
· Familiarity in both mechanical & electrical tools and equipment measurement.
· Knowledge in DFMEA, DVP&R and PFMEA.
· Proficient with Microsoft office tools including Project & Visio.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude with minimal supervision is expected.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.