Integration Director, ESS
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Energy Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
Be the Single Point of Contact for ESS for a specific vehicle program:
- Be the Program/Technical expert who supports all technical delivery, design reviews, concept definition and resolution of all ESS Engineering/Project concerns.
- Ensure Project gateway deliverables are understood in detail and resources planned to deliver green deliverables.
- Lead Production Releases – Co-ordinate and manage Design & Release Engineers to have production release plans in place and executed with no late releases & no late parts for the build phases.
- Ensure Engineering Documentation is co-ordinated & managed to project milestones – Risk assessment/management, Requirements, DFMEA, DVP, Functional Safety.
- Vehicle Builds – Manage and co-ordinate all BOMs, part procurement for all pre-production build phases.
- Establishing piece, investment cost and weight targets
- Own Finances – Manage the design and engineering content to deliver the BOM & investment targets for ESS for a specific Vehicle project. Document and report all risks and opportunities and ensure all components have targets which roll up to the ESS functional team’s target.
- Manage all designs to weight targets.
- Understand and ensure system and component designs are complementary and deliver Vehicle attribute targets.
- Ensure, ahead of release, that all designs meet Design For Manufacture (DFM) standards for both internal and external manufacturing supply options.
- Co-ordinate and manage cross functional teams in a simultaneous methodology to deliver designs in line with production release dates.
- Support program meetings - acting as the voice of the ESS functional team to the Vehicle program team and vice-versa and represent the ESS functional team in all required program/senior level meetings.
- Ensure ESS functional timing plans deliver to the program timing plans.
This is what you’ll need:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 10 years+ Automotive High Voltage ESS Engineering & Project delivery through all project phases from concept to series production.
- Have demonstrated excellent leadership of major projects through their successful delivery from concept to production
- Excellent inter personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
- Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.