Supplier Quality Engineer, LVE
Irvine, CA /
Quality – Quality /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Utilizing Rivian processes based on industry standards from VDA and AIAG, the supplier quality engineer – low voltage electronics (LVE) / ADAS will be responsible for managing the quality performance of the electrical component supply base.
· Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
· Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
· Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks
· Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
· Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
· Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
· Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
· Promote the use of Rivian preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
· Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission
· Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
· Support the Quality Organization to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
· Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
· Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
· Undertake special projects as required
· Contribute to continuous improvement activities
· Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
· Achieve goals within budget
· Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs
THIS IS WHAT YOU"LL NEED:
· Technical expertise in automotive low voltage electronic and associated components and processes, IPC 610 certification a plus
· Deep Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
· Knowledge of IATF16949:2016
· Understanding of ISO14001
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritizing activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Listening skills
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to present data effectively
· Problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Health and Safety practices
· Team working skills
· Analytical skills
· Understanding of cost and financial impacts
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Operations - Procurement, Direct
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.