Silicon Microarchitecture & Logic Design, SOC - Full time
(US) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, Fort Collins CO /
Engineering – Silicon Engineering /
Positions are open for full-time positions in the areas of SOC microarchitecture and logic design including on-chip interconnects, caches, high performance memory interface, system control, high-speed IO interfaces, and data parallel processing engine. We are looking for all levels of talent, from new college grads to advanced level of experience.
- Microarchitecture development and specification - from early high-level architectural exploration through micro architectural research and arriving at a detailed specification
- Development, assessment, and refinement of RTL design to target power, performance, area, and timing goals
- Validation - support test bench development and simulation for functional and performance verification
- Performance exploration and correlation - explore high performance strategies and validate that the RTL design meets targeted performance
- Design delivery - work with multi-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design on the aspects of timing, area, reliability, testability and power
- Thorough knowledge of microprocessor or system architecture in one or more of the following areas:
- SOC: Fabric and network-on-chip solutions, high performance system-memory solutions, controllers for high speed I/O like PCI Express, low speed I/O like i2c, Power-management, power delivery, security, and data parallel engines.
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog
- Experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques
- Understanding of high performance techniques and trade-offs in a CPU microarchitecture
- Experience in C or C++ programming
- Experience using an interpretive language such as Perl or Python
Education and Experience
- PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.