Systems Security and Privacy Engineer - Full Time
(US) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, Fort Collins CO /
Engineering – Systems Security /
We are working on software, firmware and hardware to evolve the RISC-V ecosystem and build secure-by-design RISC-V based systems.
The security and privacy team has the charter to define security requirements for the hardware teams and software teams. We are responsible for providing secure designs for RISC-V as we bring our product vision to life. As a systems security engineer on our team, you will develop software and firmware for a high-performance RISC-V-based System to ensure security and privacy requirements are met.
Positions are open for full-time systems security engineers in the areas of software hardening, formal verification, security analysis of HW/SW interfaces and micro-architecture, penetration analysis for security-sensitive sub-systems, Compilers and application hacking.
You will be learning technical and organizational skills from industry veterans: how to write performant and readable code; how to structure and communicate projects, ideas, and progress; how to work effectively with the Open Source community.
We are big proponents of Open Source software and contribute back our improvements to all the great projects we use.
- Developing simulator models, compiler extensions and PoCs involving OS/hypervisor changes for security extensions.
- Review and contribute to specifications for future ISA and hardware to build security evaluation mechanisms.
- Support validation, hackathon teams with security-oriented tasks
- Implementing support for software PoCs related to security standards within PCIe, CXL, DMTF, TCG etc.
- Debug system security issues with limited visibility, working in conjunction with firmware and kernel developers.
- Experience in security analysis of software and hardware interfaces. Ability to comprehend complex software (e.g., operating systems, distributed systems).
- Demonstrated ability to develop original security research directions.
- Assembly/C/C++ experience; Rust experience is not necessary, but a plus.
- Strong system SW fundamentals, including knowledge of multi-processor systems, caching and virtual memory.
- Familiarity with low-level hardware interfaces, register and interrupt programming, bare-metal software development.
- Experience with compilers (e.g. LLVM) and/or with FW, OS, hypervisors is a plus.
- Experience with RISC-V and Domain-specific architectures is a plus but not required.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
- PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.