Software Pre & Post Silicon Validation - Full Time
(India) Bangalore, India /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
We are working on software to improve the RISC-V ecosystem and help hardware engineers build great RISC-V based systems.
The silicon validation team is responsible for ensuring that we deliver high-quality products to customers by validating the functional operation, electrical behavior, power, and performance of the silicon we design. As a silicon validation engineer you will drive the planning, verification, and debug of various hardware IP as well as supporting the debug and functional tests of the silicon.
You will be learning technical and organizational skills from industry veterans: how to write performant and readable code; how to structure and communicate projects, ideas, and progress; how to work effectively with the Open Source community.
We are big proponents of Open Source and Free software and contribute back our improvements to all the great projects we use.
- Support pre-silicon validation efforts, including simulation, emulation, and FPGA prototyping.
- Support post-silicon bringup, validation, performance characterization, system integration and debug.
- Develop automation software and scripts for measurement data collection and analysis.
- Drive the debug and resolution of engineering issues between cross-functional teams.
- Building RISC-V functional and performance models to simulate workloads.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of hardware architectures and system level IC design implementation.
- Good knowledge of validating system level designs based on embedded processors and peripherals such as SPI, I3C, UART.
- Well versed in the usage of advanced lab equipment (scopes, BERTs, programmable power supplies, etc).
- Automation development and optimization (using C, Python, Rust).
- Knowledge and experience in embedded firmware development is a plus.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.