Software Linux Kernel - Full-time
(US) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, Fort Collins CO /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Full-time positions in many areas of Linux kernel development; including device drivers, virtualization, scheduling, memory management, storage management, networking; and at all levels of experience.
You will be learning technical and organizational skills from industry veterans who are not only accomplished contributors to open source technologies but have also lead mid to large sized teams at some of the best hardware and software companies : how to write performant and readable code; how to structure and communicate projects, ideas, and progress; how to work effectively with the Open Source community.
We are big proponents of Open Source and Free software and contribute back our improvements to all the great projects we use.
- Interfacing with the public RISC-V working groups, in the areas related to kernel development and requirements.
- Implementing the various bits of functionality missing in the upstream Linux kernel, device drivers, virtualization, scheduling, memory management, storage management, networking.
- Optimizing the RISC-V Linux kernel port, both for our hardware and in general.
- Defining key workloads that aid in driving the hardware design.
- We are looking for all levels of experience, from entry to advanced.
- C experience, Rust experience is not necessary, but a plus.
- Prior experience in Linux is preferred, but systems coursework and C programming is sufficient for entry-level positions.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.