(US&Taiwan) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, or Fort Collins CO, HsinChu Taiwan /
Engineering – Platform Engineering (HW) /
We are looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer that will mainly be responsible for performing mechanical design on electronic components at various scales of Rivos hardware equipment. This position will report to the Thermal/Mechanical Engineering Manager and will be in Mountain View, CA or Taiwan.
- Mechanical design at the component, board and chassis levels.
- Mechanical design of air/liquid cooled heat sinks&exchangers/cold plates.
- Assembly design including high power ASIC’s, sockets, heat sinks.
- Closely working with board designers to determine dimensions, keep out zones, translate ECAD into MCAD and prepare board layouts.
- Collaborating with the other engineering teams (Reliability, SI/PI, Power, General HW) and making necessary changes on mechanical design.
- Following the OCP guidelines, understanding the revisions/updates, attending appropriate OCP meetings and applying them to the mechanical design of Rivos chassis.
- Design of cables and bundling through Rivos chassis at various form factors.
- Running FEA analysis at board and chassis levels to ensure mechanical Integrity.
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Working with CM, OEM and ODM’s to develop mockups, test samples and high volume products.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, organization skills, be productive under aggressive schedules and highly self-motivated.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about working in a startup environment, exploring, learning new techniques and applying them to product design.
- Expert MCAD user (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience with server, chassis (1U/2U fixed boxes preferred) and board/PCB/PWB mechanical design.
- Experience with tolerance analysis and ASME Y14.5 GD&T guidelines.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (Ansys Mechanical and related Ansys suite of tools preferred).
- Ability of working on mock up design and preparing test setups and procedures for mechanical and thermal testing (stress/strain, pressure and temperature measurements, metrology).
- Ability to use and interpret data from DAQ systems, perform analyses and data reduction and communicate/present to the Platform HW team.
- Familiarity with cabling/bundling in electronic enclosures.
- Experience with working with CM, OEM and ODM’s.
- Familiarity with various fabrication processes including sheet metal, injection molding, soft and hard tooling.
- Good knowledge/use of MS or Google Office Suite.
- Good troubleshooting skills with mechanical/thermal design and testing.
- Familiarity with Thermal Design Software, i.e. Ansys IcePak, is a big plus.
- Familiarity with socket design/assemblies is a big plus.
- Familiarity with OCP mechanical design guidelines and design of Colo boxes.
- Familiarity with airflow and/or wind tunnel measurements.
- Familiarity with LabView (and/or scripting a big plus).
- Familiarity with network equipment, config and setup.
Education and Experience
- Minimum education: B.S. degree in Mechanical/Thermal Engineering, Applied Mechanics or Science (Physics). M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Min. 3-5 years of experience in a product development and/or qualification environment, preferably in the electronics/semiconductor industry.