Silicon & Package Productization Lead - Full Time
(US&Taiwan) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, or Fort Collins CO, HsinChu Taiwan /
Engineering – Silicon Engineering /
As the productization lead, this role will be responsible for technical leadership of test, characterization and HVM shipment of our Silicon.
- Own interaction with vendors on productization strategy and HVM readiness.
- Own schedule for ES, CS delivery and TAT optimization that meet program milestones.
- Drive test development for the entire product life-cycle to ensure high quality standards.
- Define test requirements & test limits, ensuring the correct levels of test coverage, test and calibration data traceability, including failure analysis, yield tracking, and test cycle optimization, etc.
- Develop high volume data collection processes to identify, measure, and present critical metrics needed by the engineering teams.
- Working with our Silicon & SW workloads teams, develop the test infrastructure to support 'system level test' at our silicon assembly suppliers, and the SW test framework for system-level final burn-in stress test.
- Working with our validation team, develop tools to expedite the verification and troubleshooting of issues at the motherboard and system level.
- Provide engineering consultation support to our ODM/CM/JDM partners on their HVM test plans, implementations, and test/validation reviews.
- Own test pattern bringup, characterization and product engineering for all silicon revisions across test platforms (CP, FT, SLT).
- Drive product optimization through adopting latest binning algorithms to ensure yield, cost and power - performance targets are met or exceeded.
- Work closely with the DfT, implementation, IP, process, packaging & platforms team on test and characterization plans.
- Work closely with reliability teams on product qualification.
- Work cross functionally on failure analysis and debug during NPI phase and feedback to test strategy to ensure high quality standards.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
- Minimum of 12 years of server, client/mobile, or high-performance computing platform manufacturing test development experience across multiple full product life cycles at ODM/CM/JDM, from concept to mass production.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, FMEA & root cause failure analysis.
- Hands-on experience with ATE test equipment and SLT test equipment.
- Strong understanding of High-Volume-Manufacturing (HVM) ATE testing and test methodologies.
- Strong understanding of analog and digital circuit theory and principles.
- Experience managing engineering test labs from inception to full operation, including design of physical layout, procuring test equipment and supplies, and oversight of day to day operations when up and running.
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as DDR/PCIE/GbE/SERDES.
Education and Experience
- PhD or Master’s Degree in technical subject area.