CPU Physical Design - Full time
(US) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, Fort Collins CO /
Engineering – Silicon Engineering /
Positions are open for full-time in the areas of CPU physical design from unit level to chip level, involving all aspects of physical design functions such as P&R, timing, floorplan, clocking, and power.
- Own block level design of CPU Core/L2 blocks from RTL-to-GDSII and drive synthesis, floor-planning, place & route, timing closure, and signoff.
- Work extensively with Micro-architects to perform feasibility studies and explore performance, power & area (PPA) tradeoffs for design closure.
- Develop physical design methodologies and customize recipes across various implementation steps to optimize PPA.
- Work with a multi-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design by running all signoff flows such as Timing, Power, EM/IR, PDV.
- Knowledge using synthesis, place & route, analysis and verification CAD tools.
- Familiarity with logic & physical design principles to drive low-power & higher-performance designs.
- Knowledge of CPU Core & L2 microarchitecture will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of scripting in some of these languages: Unix, Perl, Python, and TCL.
- Good understanding of device physics and experience in deep sub-micron technologiesKnowledge of Verilog and SystemVerilog.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.