Silicon CAD Custom Circuits - Full Time
(Taiwan) HsinChu, Taiwan
Engineering – Silicon Engineering /
Join a cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup as a Custom Circuits CAD Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry with the most advanced technologies. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world. As a custom CAD engineer you will be responsible for building and automating the methodologies from design, layout, functional and physical verification, timing characterization all the way to tapeout.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and supporting CAD flows for custom design, tool installation and maintenance of the tools, PDK installation, and QA. You will be working with the design team on a daily basis to develop CAD flows and CAD scripts.
- Deep understanding and interest in transistor-level circuits and layout
- Detailed experience on custom verification methodologies including spice, analog digital co-sim, physical design verification
- Experience with developing CAD flows and automation
- Familiar with EDA tools including Virtuoso, Custom Compiler, Voltus-fi, Totem, Spectre, Spice, VCS, Calibre
- Experience in PDK installation and QA is a plus
- Proficient in programming languages, TCL, Python, Perl, SKILL, SVRF
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills between cross-functional teams
Education & Experience
- BS (preferred in EE) plus 8 years
- MS (preferred in EE) plus 5 years