Software Virtualization - Full time
(US) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, Fort Collins CO /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Rivos is expanding the RISC-V platform by adding core virtualization features.
Modern systems depend heavily on virtualization for scaling and security. We are building a best in class virtualization platform with the RISC-V community.
You will be learning technical and organizational skills from industry veterans: how to write performant and readable code; how to structure and communicate projects, ideas, and progress; how to work effectively with the Open Source community.
We are big proponents of Open Source and Free software and contribute back our improvements to all the great projects we use.
- Adding new features to QEMU, Spike, or other simulation environments.
- Adding Drivers and features to Linux. (IOMMU, TEE)Developing rust-based VMM and hypervisor features.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Silicon design, debug, and other teams across the company.
- Running benchmarks or key customer workloads under simulation to identify performance bottlenecks.
- C experience required.
- Rust experience is not necessary, but a plus.
- Knowledge of VM and emulation environments (Qemu, CrosVM) a plus.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.