Software Platform Software, Libraries - Full time
(UK) Cambridge, UK /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
We are working on software to improve the RISC-V ecosystem and help hardware engineers build great RISC-V based systems.
Help enable the next generation of Linux software on RISC-V. We will be enabling many common software projects in the Linux ecosystem, including Java and Python languages, Math Libraries, cryptography, and more.
You will be learning technical and organizational skills from industry veterans: how to write performant and readable code; how to structure and communicate projects, ideas, and progress; how to work effectively with the Open Source community.
We are big proponents of Open Source and Free software and contribute back our improvements to all the great projects we use.
- Adding and improving language implementations, including Java and Python
- Enabling high performance libraries to execute efficiently on RISC-V.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with software optimization teams, architecture experts, and other teams across the company.
- Running benchmarks or key customer workloads under simulation to identify performance bottlenecks.
- C or C++ experience required
- Rust experience is not necessary, but a plus.
- Knowledge of Java or CPython internals a plus
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.