System Power Design
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Platform Engineering (HW) /
Positions are open for full-time in system-level power delivery design and characterization.
- Power system design for chip bringup boards, power boards and final systems to meet the electrical, mechanical, and thermal requirements
- Developing specifications and design documentation
- Power system validation, characterization, lab bring-up, test, and debugging
- Work closely with silicon power team, package team, PI/SI team, system team and vendors to optimize power delivery
- Work with system engineers to resolve system level issues related to silicon validation and characterization
- New power electronics technologies development with external partners
- Knowledge of power converter design and analysis, including multiphase DC-DC converters, POL, linear regulators, switched-cap converters, hotswap, etc..
- Understanding of feedback control theory
- Knowledge of board level analog and digital circuit
- Experience of using circuit simulation tools (Simplis, Spice, etc.)
- Excellent hand on skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Solid working knowledge of electrical lab equipment and techniques
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
- Ability to work well with vendors, manufacturers and support customers.
Education and Experience
- PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.