Package Reliability Technologist - Full Time
(US) Mountain View CA , Austin TX, Portland OR, Fort Collins CO /
Engineering – Platform Engineering (HW) /
The individual will be responsible for leading the package, socket and board level integration reliability of new SoC packages and similar technologies, development of new test procedures to quantify the reliability of a design, and failure analysis resulting from these tests.
- Drive new package technology development and qualification including mTV, tTV and interactions with BLR.
- Drive Failure Analysis using analytical techniques (Optical Microscopy, X-Ray, CSAM, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS etc)
- Use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- LGA Socket qualification and PCB level SMT process development
- Work with 3rd party and OSAT to bring packaging solution from concept to HVM
- Drive package & board level reliability testing including Stress Tests, Thermal Characterization, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing
- Domain expert of advanced semiconductor package integration technologies, SLI (Second level Interconnect) reliability, bonding materials, warpage & co-planarity control
- Domain expert of package technology development and package / board reliability and quality shipping products in HVM
- Expert of failure modes and statistical life data analysis using curve fitting and distributions models.
- Expert of industry test Standards (JEDEC, ASTM, IEEE)
- Expertise of EM (electromigration) limits
- Experience of 2.5D large body size package, high layer count ABF substrate
- Knowledge of DOE (Design of Experiments) and FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Experience interacting with systems and PCB teams on package / board level reliability tradeoffs and working with x-functional teams to define stackup and tradeoffs.
Education and Experience
- PhD or Master’s Degree in technical subject area
- Minimum of 12 years of corresponding experience