Senior Associate, Consumer Communications
New York, NY or Remote /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Senior Associate, Consumer Communications will play a key role in the day-to-day execution of earned PR initiatives aimed at building the Ro brand and highlighting Ro’s award-winning products and services. On a daily basis, you will work cross-collaboratively with a wide variety of team members, expert advisors and supporting agencies to champion storytelling opportunities that put Ro on the map. You are energized by working with media, have your pulse on consumer trends in traditional media and on social platforms and are able to think strategically to ensure all storytelling initiatives have a throughline to Ro’s products, services and goals.
You are passionate about Ro’s mission to help as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. You are an organized individual with honed project management skills, able to keep the train on the tracks and manage up. You are comfortable digging into data and reporting platforms to help quantify results. You have a writing voice that can make complex topics digestible to different audiences. You are not afraid to tackle projects outside the traditional scope of communications if you are a value-add to the team.
What You'll Do:
- Support Ro’s always-on media engagement program by writing thoughtful pitches centered around Ro’s products and services
- Collaborate with members across Ro’s Comms, Growth and Brand teams to make sure consumer PR efforts are in line with company priorities
- Serve as eyes and ears to help source stories across Ro, understanding the differentiators of Ro’s products and services and mining for story ideas
- Track industry trends and developments relevant to Ro and its products and make recommendations for how to insert Ro into the conversation
- Brainstorm ideas and strategies for media coverage
- Help subject-matter experts turn their knowledge into digestible expert commentary and support internal media training efforts
- Vet inbound media opportunities and make recommendations for engagement
- Support the development and promotion of Ro insight surveys and clinical research
- Research data points to help drive storytelling efforts
- Collaborate closely with Ro’s PR agencies, helping to manage action items
- Work cross-functionally to tackle open-ended questions impacting announcements and initiatives
- Draft backgrounders for media interviews and agency briefs
- Track and update results from earned consumer opportunities including monitoring our affiliate network (Impact) and Google Analytics
- Keep close tabs on product updates and timelines across Ro’s verticals in fertility, sexual health, skincare and weight management
- Manage various media lists and trackers
What You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer-communications, supporting earned media campaigns in-house or at a PR agency
- A keen interest in consumer trends and an eagerness and ideas to get Ro into the cultural zeitgeist
- Ability to make healthcare topics digestible and interesting to consumer audiences
- Experience pitching media and securing coverage
- Strong project management skills to support internal and external stakeholders
- Deep organizational skills to manage media lists, reporting dashboards, open media opportunities, and more
- A collaborative attitude that galvanizes stakeholders across the company
- Experience supporting affiliate PR campaigns
- A strategic communications mindset geared around company goals
- Willingness to dive in and learn something new
- Prior experience utilizing reporting tools like Impact or Google Analytics
- Experience with highly-regulated products and services
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $79,000 to $95,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.