Senior Backend Engineer, Workpath
United States /
Workpath is a technology platform that powers on-demand, in-home healthcare services nationwide.
Workpath believes in meeting patients where they are – in their homes. Our full-service platform enables healthcare companies to dispatch healthcare professionals to perform services ranging from blood draws to vaccinations to other primary care services, all from the comfort of a patient's home. Today, Workpath powers the in-home services for healthcare organizations ranging from digital health companies to clinical trials operators to primary and specialty care providers. Workpath remains an independent subsidiary of Ro and continues to partner with other leading healthcare companies to provide them with a comprehensive layer of in-home care, in-home testing, and collection services. Put simply, Workpath makes house calls happen.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help architect and develop the Elixir and Node.js services that make up the Workpath API. You will work closely with Design, Product, and fellow engineers to help create solutions for healthtech companies, patients, and healthcare personnel, from scheduling to dispatch to results.
What You'll Do:
- Help to build the backend infrastructure and customer-facing API for cutting-edge healthcare products
- Translate stakeholders needs into technical solutions
- Take ownership of significant initiatives and drive them from development through completion
- Collaborate closely with Design, QA, Product, and fellow developers to define and scope initiatives by balancing risks, constraints, and speed to market
- Identify opportunities for improvement to our engineering and business processes as we scale our engineering teams and the overall organization
What You Bring:
- Significant experience with Elixir and Node.js
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and AWS DynamoDB
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Familiarity with the requirements and restrictions of HIPAA
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
Ro’s mission is to build a patient-centric healthcare system. We are the only healthcare company in the country to seamlessly integrate nationwide telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare — without the need for insurance. Our vertically-integrated primary care platform was built from the ground up to power a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience for patients.
Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro has been named a Best Place to Work in 2021 by Fortune, Inc., and Forbes, as well as Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies.
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.