Staff Technical Project Manager
Any Location (Remote) /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Ro Cyber Team is dedicated to the security, privacy and IT enablement of our patients by enabling innovation of a patient-centric, scalable, and secure-by-design platform. We do this by enabling the technical ambitions of the company and by aligning security goals with business objectives. We are laser focused on maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our patients and partners. We serve our patients by evolving with the cybersecurity landscape so they can achieve their healthcare goals.
Reporting directly to the CIO/CISO, the Staff Technical Project Manager will directly influence strategic initiatives at Ro by supporting and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. These include the teams within Ro Cyber and our critical partners across the product, engineering, finance, data, and legal organizations. This role has a unique perspective on strategic business objectives across the company and uses that to inform and advise leadership within Ro Cyber. Key focus areas for success in this role are identifying gaps in alignment between security efforts and business objectives, unblocking teams and stakeholders, and communicating Ro Cyber team efforts both internally and externally.
This role will also assist in the development and implementation of business processes, budgets and efficiency analytics within the Ro Cyber organization.
What You'll Do:
- Enable Ro Cyber through sound technical project management. You will focus first on execution of the Cyber team itself, and then for key cross-organization initiatives
- Drive follow-ups for both internal and external action items across our large, cross-organization technical initiatives
- Provide opinions and analyses to the CISO and Ro Cyber Directors, and serve as a proxy for Ro Cyber by facilitating cross-team decision making both internally and externally
- Anticipate risks in project planning and execution, with the ability to analyze and communicate quantitative and qualitative data related to markets, technologies, projects, budgets, etc
- Revamp Ro Cyber operational, budgeting, and planning processes as the organization continues to evolve, using agile methodologies where appropriate (to include cross-team backlog alignment with business priorities)
- Work closely with finance on all budgeting activities to ensure timely submissions in line with company policies and controls
- Define and own the meeting structures and rhythms within Ro Cyber. Keep Ro Cyber efforts aligned across teams and focused on areas that matter to the business
- Keep pace with the meeting governance external to Ro Cyber: assist Ro Cyber leaders in determining where they need to present their teams across the company and serve as their proxy at times
- Work closely with Tech Org leadership team and managers to keep a pulse on the business needs, bringing stakeholders across the company together as needed
- Capture and present metrics on team productivity, efficiency and quality. Highlight positive and negative trends.
- Support recruiting activities (interviewing) with special focus on diversity
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 8 years working in IT, Application Security, Security Engineering, or Security Operations environments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- High level of understanding of project management software, particularly Jira
- Excellent communication skills - both written (decks, papers) and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, proficient with Excel, Google Sheets, Dashboards
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Bonus: Ability to influence and motivate people across a variety of job functions through your relationships. Superior organizational skills with the ability to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Bonus: Strong bias towards action. You drive end-to-end results and are always thinking ahead
- Bonus: At least one of the following certifications: PMI Agile Certified Professional, Scrum Alliance CSM, Lean Six Sigma
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $150,000 to $176,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.