Creative Director - Roman
New York, NY /
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
This role will sit within Ro’s Marketing team and will lead the creative strategy and execution for the Roman brand, acting as a leader and providing creative vision that will help build Roman into an iconic men’s health brand that leaves a lasting impression with its members across every aspect of the customer journey. This is a creative leader within the company that will represent both the Ro culture and Roman creative standards to all levels and disciplines within the Marketing department and company-wide.
Who are you? Great question. You are passionate about the work that you do and bring a strong creative point of view to every project you touch from large scale consumer campaigns to email welcome series. You are deeply invested in understanding the impact that your creative has on the audience you are speaking to and strive to deliver against KPIs -- if a campaign performs well you push the creative further and if a campaign falls short you work with key stakeholders to understand why. Collaboration is in your DNA and you are a clear communicator who inspires designers, producers and writers around you and thrives doing cross departmental work in order to drive the best results.
As a creative leader for Roman, you will be passionate about men’s health. You will play an integral part in positioning Roman as a leading brand in the men’s wellness space by developing empathetic storytelling around complex and sometimes uncomfortable conditions. Your work will support Ro’s overall mission of making high-quality care accessible and re-envisioning the future of healthcare. This role reports into Ro’s VP of Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Push the creative envelope for Roman by developing creative strategies that integrate research, audience insights, cultural insights, and creative insights into an actionable plan for the development of industry-leading, highly effective consumer campaigns.
- Develop creative ideas to help position and market Roman’s offerings around cultural milestones and events with an emphasis on large-scale sports, healthcare, and public policy tentpole partnerships and events.
- Represent the Roman brand voice and creative excellence internally, participating in key projects such as new product launches, new patient experiences and development of consumer press campaigns as needed.
- Lead production for all major Roman campaigns and partnerships, establishing a robust network of external creative partners to help execute on your vision and partnering with internal Studio where appropriate. Partner with Marketing Strategy to inform brand/creative research and integrated marketing campaigns as needed.
- Work with external partners and internal stakeholders on brand creative asset ideation and execution to ensure Roman maintains a consistent visual identity, tone and voice across all platforms, products and consumer touch points.
- Partner with other Creative Directors to support needs across other brands within the Ro portfolio as needed. Inspire and direct teams of brand designers and copywriters that are also part of the Marketing team, with a clear cut vision for creative outcomes - delivering honest and direct feedback throughout the creative process.
- Partner with Growth, Marketing Strategy, Design and Comms to deliver on-key KPIs, focusing on constant optimization based on data.
- Work with the internal studio and legal to ensure Roman’s creative library and advertising assets are maintained.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of experience as part of a creative team preferably in-house for a well-established brand (5+ as a manager or senior individual contributor)
- An impressive portfolio that includes creation and/or leadership of impactful campaigns or experiences, that include work with Direct Response channels and social platforms - bonus points if you have experience working in sports marketing
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals— advertising (with an emphasis on TV & Broadcast), audio, content, experiential, social media, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as a passion for learning about new platforms and technologies.
- Strong ability to provide conceptual oversight and clear creative direction, providing timely and helpful feedback that keeps work on budget and schedule.
- Experience driving metrics-driven campaigns—reviewing and analyzing campaign performance data & optimizing creative accordingly.
- Proven leadership skills. We need someone who can lead teams to develop outstanding work in a fast paced environment and who can navigate through tight timelines with ease.
- Ability to prioritize work and resources based on short- and long-term need.
- Flexibility: We are a fast paced growth organization working to change the face of healthcare and we need someone who can roll with rapid changes to timelines, budgets and scope.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of internal and external organizations/partners.
- Previous experience in a medical field is not required - just bring your growth mindset
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.