Director, Offline Marketing
New York, NY /
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
The Director, Offline Marketing is a new role within Ro that will focus on driving strategy and execution of all offline marketing efforts for Ro’s primary consumer brands (Roman, Rory, Zero) -- inclusive of TV, Radio, Podcast, Out of Home and Sports Sponsorships.
Reporting to the VP, Growth, this individual will be responsible for driving performance across these key top-of-funnel channels. They will be a senior partner and driving force behind the continued evolution and improvement of our creative, working in tight coordination with our Marketing team to ensure that creative hits the mark from both a brand and performance perspective. They will maintain and develop key external relationships with agencies and marketing partners and will constantly survey the landscape for new partners, services and tools that may enhance our campaign efforts.
This individual will have a keen and intuitive understanding of the media landscape and how Ro’s brands can best take advantage of opportunities on legacy platforms like linear TV as much as they can make a mark as a first mover on new and emerging platforms like Podcasts or YouTube.
Beyond their domain mastery, this individual will be an excellent manager and mentor with a focus on talent development and knowledge sharing both to those who report to them as well as the organization at large.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Ro’s offline marketing team, with direct responsibility for performance on TV, Radio, Podcast, Out of Home and other offline channels
- Drive test and scale opportunities in emerging channels and formats (i.e., streaming video, digital OOH, influencer) to ensure that Ro brands are at the forefront of trends in offline marketing
- Drive forward key relationships with marketing partners in the audio, influencer, affiliate and sports space and identify ways to activate these partnerships across multiple Ro channels and touchpoints
- Work in close coordination with the Marketing team to develop effective creative for offline channels that achieves both brand and performance goals
- In conjunction with Growth team leadership and FP&A, align on budget levels for key offline channels, calibrate them over time and support broader efforts to measure the financial and revenue impacts of our offline marketing spend
- Own key relationships with our agency and marketing service partners, and constantly evaluate the landscape of vendors in search of new/emerging partners that may support our goals
- Drive forward marketing analytics and attribution projects that help us better understand the impact of offline campaigns on our growth and our brand metrics
What You Bring to the Team:
- 8-10 years in a leadership role on the growth or marketing team of a performance oriented, consumer-focused brand or firm spending at least $25m a year on offline channels, with direct oversight of a team managed more than one offline discipline
- Previous hands on experience managing an offline channel on a direct, day-to-day basis
- Intuitive knowledge of the offline media landscape and how Ro’s brands can best fit within it
- Deep bias towards analytics and measurement, and extensive experience with having your work measured against or towards revenue-related goals
- Excellent managerial and mentoring skills, with at least 3 years direct managerial experience and a willingness and ability to coach and develop more junior talent
- Strong creative sense and intuition, with the ability to serve as the primary Growth stakeholder in major creative development projects (i.e., TV campaign development, or celebrity endorsement sponsorships)
- Comfort and ease working with finance teams to align on budgets, financial targets and the measurement of key financial performance metrics (i.e., CAC and LTV)
- Proven track record of developing frameworks and workflows that enable the team to achieve peak performance
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood and thoughtful manner both within the company and to the external world
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.