Engineering Manager, Patient Journey (iOS)
New York, NY /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As an Engineering Manager at Ro, you’ll be a direct contributor to the products and technology that help us provide accessible direct-to-patient healthcare, and have the opportunity to influence the growth, scale, and strategy of new developments across our platform. Working on the Patient Journey team, you’ll be leading a team of iOS and BE engineers developing and evolving a core platform for Ro’s patients. You’ll partner closely with cross-functional partners in Design, Product, and Data, as well as manage upwards and outwards to collaborate with teams across Ro to enhance the Ro app. Working with the larger Ro engineering org, you will collaborate with other technical leaders (both managers and individual contributors) on building our team culture and best practices in observability, resiliency, and scalability.
What You'll Do:
- Lead an engineering team with a diverse set of subject matter expertise and skill sets that can responsibly deliver on short-term and long-term business goalsBe the technical leader for an entire platform at Ro – because our iOS app is new, there’s evolving potential for how the app grows as a part of our core patient experience, and how we integrate across the company.
- Develop talent and grow your team into a high performing healthy development organization by supporting them through strong delegation, 1:1’s, and regular transparent, actionable feedback
- Establish team goals and metrics that align the team towards the execution of the company strategy and vision while maintaining our tech organization’s standards and best practices
- Collaborate with Product, Data, and Design teams to help define the strategy, roadmap, and support with technical design, work breakdown, implementation, testing, and deployment of features, products, and systemsIdeate and design software solutions with your team and get hands on when your team needs it
- Contribute actively towards the development and structure of the organization, including team structure, recruiting, and hiring
What You’ll Bring:
- 1+ years of People Leadership/Management experience
- 5+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault-tolerant, supportable and customer-facing solutions
- While not necessarily hands on, a deep, foundational full-stack knowledge to launch features and solutions for native mobile applications
- Familiarity with relevant tools and technologies, and have the drive to stay up-to-date with ongoing changes and advancements (e.g. Kubernetes, Django, AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a startup environment, get work done, ship product, and move us forward
- A growth mindset that contributes to our culture of continuous improvement
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with engineering and other parts of the organization
- Successful track record of building high performing, healthy, and sustainable teams that addressed increasingly complex technical and organizational challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships across the organization from Engineering Managers, Leads, Product Managers, Designers, and Data colleagues
- Strong communication, analytical, and technical skills
- Startup, 0 to 1 native app launching experience
- Familiar with Python and/or Django
- Familiar with HIPAA
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insuranceStudent loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $190,400-$236,000 in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.