Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Per Diem
San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
In Kit’s high-complexity CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) will work with a team of other CLSs, supervisors, director, and lab technicians to design and validate new assays. You’ll also perform laboratory testing on patient specimens, quality control and quality assurance procedures, and interpret and report on patient results. You will always act within compliance of all applicable local, state, and federal laboratory requirements.
We are located in Dogpatch, San Francisco. Saturday availability is required.
What You'll Do:
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses per the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Participate in the introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations, and validation
- Procure and install new laboratory equipment
- Write and review new standard operating procedures
- Review, interpret, and report patient results in LIMS
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high-complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance
- Perform, review, and document laboratory quality control procedures
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance
- Assist with training and directing new laboratory personnel
- Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations and prepare reagents required for testing
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist Generalist license
- 5+ years of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Familiarity with running chemistries and immunoassays and related fields on the latest modern lab analyzers from Roche, Beckman, etc.
- Experience with lab validations and bringing new assays live
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and drive results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on Saturdays
The target hourly rate for new hires in this position is $65/hr in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.