Head of Engineering, Workpath
United States /
Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We’re looking for a Head of Engineering to help Workpath enter its new stage of growth to help cement ourselves as the healthcare API allowing companies to easily dispatch a healthcare professional to perform in-home care with a single API call. You’ll influence, strategize, and lead by example across teams with a focus on simplicity, scalability, problem solving and successful delivery. You thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, ready to make an impact while leading with empathy along the way.
What you'll do:
- Lead our engineering team to improve and consistently deliver software on time and budget
- Influence change and deliver sustainable technical and architectural decisions to improve efficiencies across the board
- Act as a bridge between other teams such as Product, Sales, and Operations
- Advocate for technical engineering excellence and guide career growth development for team members
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of leading and managing an engineering team focused around infrastructure, software development, and/or platform operations
- Ability to lead an organization with data-driven results in mind
- Highly proficient technical knowledge of current tools and best practices at scale
- Strong communication skills to effectively and transparently communicate and mobilize all levels and functions at Workpath
- Quick to adapt and focus on prioritizing needs and problem solving (both technical and non-technical)
- Track record of success in designing, implementing, and executing scalable engineering teams
- Experience at a high-growth, API first startup
- Experience with HIPAA and the security protocols and mindset needed to build a patient focused experience
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.