Senior Director of Clinical Experience, Ro Derm
United States /
Who We Are
Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
As the Senior Director of Clinical Experience, Ro Derm, you will be the clinical representative on a cross-functional team that creates and optimizes the best-in-class digital clinical patient experience for dermatology and skincare on our platform. You will partner closely with Ro Derm’s General Manager as well as Product Managers, Designers, Marketing, and Pharmacy/Compounding team, along with others, to create the best, personalized dermatology and skincare experience for our patients. You will use your medical knowledge, research skills, and understanding of patient psychology and current trends in dermatology to harness the power of technology to help patients achieve their desired health outcomes. You will collaborate with stakeholders on other teams, including Medical Operations, Clinical Research, and Quality & Safety, to provide the safest, most enjoyable healthcare user experience.
Who are you? That's a great question. You have a background in clinical medicine, but you're not a traditional provider. You think outside the box. You understand the importance of caring for a patient’s skin as it relates to their overall health. You enjoy helping people with skincare and staying current on the latest trends. You embrace technology to scale high-quality, personalized skincare and do it on the patient’s terms—where and when they need it. You are a strong advocate for patient empowerment through education. You have experience working cross-functionally to provide patients with the best healthcare experience that maximizes healthcare outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the research and design to expand dermatology and skincare product and services offered on Ro’s platform (includes diagnostics, behavioral and pharmacologic interventions, and patient follow-up journey)
- Act as the clinical leader on a cross-functional team to optimize patient and provider experiences for our dermatology/skincare service line while driving business metrics (conversion, retention, LTV, etc.) forward
- Think outside the box to advance new initiatives that deliver innovative, empathetic, virtual dermatology care at scale to people who need it, whenever and wherever they are
- Liaise regularly with leads from Medical Operations, Product, Quality and Safety, and Growth, and directly with providers treating patients on the platform to guide your team to optimize patient-provider interactions
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- MD or DO plus at least 7+ years of post-graduate training/patient care experience, industry experience, or a combination; NPs and PAs with dermatology or aesthetics experience will be considered
- Advanced knowledge and experience in dermatology and/or aesthetics required
- Prior experience working with product managers and designers strongly preferred
- Adept at mastering new systems (technology) to communicate and execute on deliverables
- Comfort with using data and analysis to drive decision-making and optimization of the patient experience
- Strong empathy for patients and desire to build patient-centric dermatology experiences
- Strong literature search and communication skills, including writing
- Familiarity with interpreting and applying medical guidelines and understanding risk management concepts
- Appreciation of technology’s ability to reduce costs and increase access on a national scale
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.