Senior Designer, Paid Social
New York, NY or Remote
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As a Senior Designer on our team, you’ll help shape the future of healthcare and infuse design excellence into every Ro touchpoint. At Ro, Senior Designers are skilled craftspeople and creative thinkers who tackle conceptual challenges and maintain a high level of craft in their design work. Your role will be focused on creating iterative and net new performance-driven paid social work across various platforms that bring our brand to life.
You’ll join a team of creative craftspeople passionate about making a difference in healthcare — we’re all about building authentic empathy for our users, never assuming their experiences, and boldly presenting the truth. All while caring for every single pixel.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to build a brand and design work that empowers folks to make proactive, informed decisions about their health and who believes design can play a key role in making clinically sound health info accessible to all.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be focused on great paid social creative that converts. You will concept and create visually captivating paid social content (static, video, GIF, etc.) that drives conversion and user engagement while communicating our brand messaging. Your work will be measured against metric goals such as CTR, CVR, and CAC.
- You'll be responsible for brainstorming and creating a high volume of new ad concepts to drive outsized account performance. You’ll leverage performance insights and growth metrics to spot patterns, distill insights, and create hypotheses for future creative iteration.
- You’ll own paid social workstreams, leveraging learnings to create templates and frameworks to work more efficiently, infusing the Ro growth ecosystem with fresh, brand-aligned creative. You’ll partner with a conceptual copywriter to introduce new ways to stretch our brand.
- You’ll be engaged with the latest design and social media trends, technologies (AI), and industry best practices to improve the effectiveness of creative deliverables. You’ll partner with a conceptual copywriter to introduce new and relevant ways to express ourselves on Meta, TikTok, and more.
- You’ll work to bring ideas from concept to execution independently and collaboratively, creating and iterating on a high volume of creative quickly. At times, you’ll partner with external partners and freelancers.
What You’ll Bring:
- You have excellent visual design craft, with stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and an obsession for pixels. You’ve designed game-changing work that showcases a strong foundation of type, space, form, color, and visual hierarchy.
- Your portfolio showcases clear examples of direct response marketing, ideally including strong paid social ad design and iterative testing examples.
- You understand and have experience designing against key performance metrics like click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate (CVR), and CAC. You have a demonstrated history of executing work that contributes to and exceeds key business goals. You value results as much as you value best-in-class design.
- You’ve played an integral role in launching effective, stunning paid social work. You naturally ideate multiple concepts and directions without losing sight of business and user goals, leading to expert execution built upon discerning insights.
- You are skilled with Figma, AfterEffects/Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and have a strong working knowledge of advertising fundamentals and a passion for learning about new platforms and technologies.
- You live and breathe social media, and you understand the nuances of what content performs best on each platform. You may have experience with content creation.
- You have great perseverance and an iron-clad work ethic. You roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- 5-7 years experience in a relevant role.
Just for Fun:
- You’re always down to debate how many Heading Styles is too many Heading Styles.
- You feel comfortable getting the feedback that a design should feel a little more ~us~. You also feel comfortable pushing back to get the type of specific feedback you need to improve your solutions.
- The first application in your dock is Figma. The second is Slack.
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $108,000 to $135,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.