Laboratory Director, Ro Diagnostics (Contract)
San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Diagnostics division within Ro focuses on providing end-to-end diagnostic solutions that patients can use in the convenience of their own home. We are searching for a Laboratory Director (Contract) for our CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited laboratory located in San Francisco, CA.
The Laboratory Director (Contract) is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the laboratory, including the employment of personnel, equipment, safety, laboratory policies, quality assurance, all testing (including proficiency testing) and test reports. (42 CFR 493.1407 and 493.1445)
What You'll Do:
- Ensure testing systems in the laboratory provide quality services in all aspects of test performance
- Ensure the physical conditions are adequate and appropriate for the testing performed
- Ensure the environment for employees is safe from physical, chemical and biological hazards and safety requirements are followed
- Ensure new test procedures are reviewed, included in the procedure manual and followed by personnel
- Ensure a sufficient number of appropriately educated, experienced, and/or trained personnel who provide appropriate consultation, properly supervise, and accurately perform tests and report test results in accordance with the written duties and responsibilities specified by you, are employed by the laboratory
- Ensure all delegated Director duties are specified and properly performed
- Ensure a general supervisor provides onsite supervision as required for high complexity testing personnel qualified under 493.1489(4)
- Ensure test performance is within the limitations of the clinical laboratory license
- Work collaboratively with digital product teams to innovate on lab results experience
- Work collaboratively with customer experience and medical operations teams to troubleshoot on behalf of patients
- Conduct monthly on-site visits to the laboratory
What You'll Bring:
- Must be certified in anatomic or clinical pathology, or both, by the American Board of Pathology or the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for such certification; or
- Must be a doctor of medicine, a doctor of osteopathy or doctor of podiatric medicine licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy or podiatry in the State in which the laboratory is located; and have at least one year of laboratory training during medical residency (for example, physicians certified either in hematology or hematology and medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine)
- At least 2 years of experience directing or supervising high complexity testing; preferably in Chemistry, Hematology and/or Endocrinology
- Must possess a current license as a laboratory director issued by the State of California
The target hourly rate for this position is $312. The expectation is that you will work 16 hours per month (8 hours per month remotely and 8 hours per month on-site).
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.