Senior Privacy Engineer
New York, NY or Remote /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Governance Risk and Compliance Sr. Privacy Engineer role will be a core member of Ro’s GRC team. The GRC team enables Ro to de-risk our mission of helping patients unlock their healthcare goals by vigorously assessing our operations against leading compliance frameworks and standing legislation. This role will be a key player in executing Ro’s Risk Management and Privacy Programs by designing and implementing automation solutions that ensure compliance to state privacy laws and applicable compliance frameworks.
What You'll Do
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with data product development teams creating new uses of data that employ privacy features.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements for new data streams with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance, and the integrity of the privacy solution.
- Guide developers in the use of data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features.
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.
- Establish and maintain programmatic integrations between GRC platforms and internal/SaaS applications and resources.
- Performs regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training, and guidance
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders
What You'll Bring to the Team
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or commensurate experience
- 3 years of experience in / data/privacy engineering
- 6 - 8 years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of healthcare or comparable highly-regulated industry
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of of global privacy and information security laws and regulations
- Proven ability to communicate secure coding and privacy standards across a workforce
- Experience understanding of software applications design tools and languages
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platforms.
- Understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures.
- Data literacy: finding and managing data, cleansing data, manipulating data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate designs, proposals, and results; and negotiate options at management levels
- Bonus: Strong experience in OneTrust, Tugboat/Vanta/Drata type of applications.
We've Got You Covered
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
The target base salary for this position ranges from $142,000 - $175,000 in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.