Staff Engineer, Data Infrastructure
New York, NY or Remote
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure team. As an engineer on this team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the data infrastructure platform that empowers data analysts, data scientists, and software engineers to build data intelligence and data-powered applications. You take pride in working with stakeholders across the organization to understand their pain points and aspirations and use that information to build solutions to make working with data more convenient and secure, driving the vision for our platform.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain data infrastructure capabilities that enable users to effectively and securely produce, consume, and share data generated by systems and third-party tools.
- Design, develop, and maintain new functionalities and improvements for our Kafka-based event streaming platform used to enable complex workflows involving several different microservices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand pain points and ways they can be more effective, translating those into new capabilities or improvements for the data infrastructure.
- Support our users by providing technical guidance and support in utilizing our tooling.
- Monitor and troubleshoot our systems to proactively identify and resolve production issues.
- Stay current with industry best practices and emerging technologies related to data infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvement within the platform.
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of full-time working experience building production-ready systems, ideally with experience building platforms.
- Expertise in Kafka, including experience with stream processing and event-driven architectures.
- Experience in infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and Pulumi.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Go programing skills
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS services, including EKS, S3, and IAM.
- Experience managing and optimizing Snowflake data warehouse.
- Knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing concepts, and SQL using dbt.
- Experience automating workflows with GitHub Actions, Webhooks, etc.
- Understanding of data governance best practices.
- Experience with Looker and Metabase for data analytics and visualization.
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $194,200 to $234,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.