Senior Manager, IT Engineering
United States /
Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
As Ro reaches its hyper-growth stage, we are looking for a Senior IT Leader who will lead Ro's IT Engineering Team and continue to scale Ro’s systems and operations. Partnering closely with our Chief Information Officer and Director of IT, this role will have purview across enterprise technologies supporting all of Ro’s team and day-to-day operations. You will work closely with technology and people leaders across all departments, provide technical guidance, drive strategic initiatives, coach, mentor, and develop the current members of the IT Engineering team.
What You'll Do:
- Be a people leader. Develop, execute and measure success with a leading IT team
- Serve as a technical expert throughout the implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and solutions; Design and build robust IT infrastructure in accordance with best practices
- Define and oversee the documentation of detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures)
- Work closely with IT Ops, Security Ops, Legal, HR, SRE, Product, and GRC teams
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of IT engineering experience, with 3+ years in IT management leading a team
- Proven ability of successfully identifying, deploying, and operationalizing forward-leaning technologies in highly regulated environments
- Strong skill set in cloud-first systems, including Google Workspace, O365, Slack and Zoom
- Expert level knowledge of Okta IAM including HR driven provisioning
- Ability to identify and automate business processes with a low-code platform like Okta Workflows
- Knowledge of MDM systems for macOS, Windows and mobile BYOD devices
- Familiar with multi-site network infrastructure and network access control
- Admirable people leadership and development skills
- Experience in an agile and devops environment
- In depth knowledge of security and privacy by utilizing security & privacy-by-design methodologies
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee + tea
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.