Senior Security Analyst
New York, NY or Remote /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
We are seeking a Senior Security Analyst (Tier 2) with seasoned expertise in technical cyber investigations and navigation of ambiguous scenarios. Successful candidates will be highly proficient in their ability to analyze, correlate, and interpret complex events, and the ability to distill ambiguous findings down to the right facts for all stakeholders. They will be able to collaborate with team members with a clear mental map and confidence in what the data suggests. Preferred candidates will be assertive but open-minded critical thinkers with a high ownership mentality, understanding they own the goals and the outcomes. Further, they will be excited to continue being a technical investigator, while also gaining exposure to project management, engineering, and leadership opportunities within our cutting edge security operations program.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform technical cybersecurity analysis and response to advanced use cases, and serve as a key contributor in the detection engineering process.
- Serve as an escalation point for junior security analysts, leveraging seasoned investigative skills and experience triaging anomalous activity.
- Participate in a variety of incident response efforts, quickly correlating multiple data sources, and applying various analytical techniques to synthesize and report on the facts of the case.
- Perform unique investigations across multiple competency domains including external threat, insider risk, fraud management, and physical security.
- Leverage best-of-breed technologies to perform investigations in coordination with both our managed security providers and internal SOC personnel.
- Create, maintain, and execute incident response playbooks to drive manual and automated analysis for the entire SOC within a SIEM and SOAR platform.
- Provide oversight, mentorship, training, and development to junior analysts.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- +4 years of experience in a security operations and incident response role.
- Desired, GIAC certified GCIH, GCIA, GMON or equivalents in Cyber Defense and/or DFIR.
- Excellent analytical process, hypothesis generation, and reporting skills.
- Proficient in Splunk based investigation & response, SPL, & SOAR
- Proficient in network/host based intrusion analysis, cloud native response, and malware analysis.
- Experienced in incident management with in-depth knowledge of monitoring and response procedures.
- Solid understanding of MITRE ATT&CK tactics, techniques and procedures and detection engineering lifecycle management.
- Solid understanding of network protocols and architecture.
- Strong oral and written organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Nice to have basic scripting/programming (Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc.) skills.
- Nice to have disk/memory forensics or malware reverse engineering skill sets.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $127,500 to $155,500 in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.”
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.