Senior Manager, Accounting Operations
New York, NY or Remote /
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Senior Manager, Accounting Operations role is a key position in the accounting team and is responsible for managing accounts payable, expense reimbursement, accounts receivable and payroll. This position involves substantial coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders of the company as well as building and maintaining business relationships with vendors, customers, and employees.
Specific sub-processes include coordination with purchase requisitions and purchase orders, vendor setup, coding and payment of vendor bills, cash disbursements, corporate card program, employee expense reimbursements and all aspects of the payroll function, including payment for wages and salaries, payroll-related taxes, payments to third parties for benefits and other compensation-related costs, leave management, year-end processing, and finalization of payroll reports at each pay cycle.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise, coach, and mentor the Accounts Payable and Payroll staff
- Assist with implementing systems and processes and document controls to ensure a SOX compliant internal control environment
- Work with systems vendors on product enhancements, product requests, as well as resolution to any support issues
- Manage audit requirements for areas of ownership
- Define the policy and procedures for accounts payable and drive actions to align with business expectations
- Implement and improve systems, processes and controls that will result in accurate and efficient transaction processing
- Coordinate with the legal team on state registrations where required
- Oversee the annual state compliance filing process
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in procure-to-pay and payroll management with demonstrated growth and leadership
- Hands-on and solid payables, procurement system, and payroll management experience, with track record of implementing systems and building operating efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail and ownership to achieve all payment deadlines
- Knowledge of internal controls and financial operations
- Experience working with payroll systems/service providers such as Workday and Zenefits
- Experience working cross-functionally with HR, Benefits IT/HRIS teams on enhancements, implementations, and program plan changes
- Prior experience with state registrations and annual compliance filings is a plus
- Prior experience managing and developing a team
- CPA, experience with NetSuite, Zenefits, Airbase, and systems implementation experience a plus
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $127,000 to $163,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.