Senior Pricing Analyst, Enterprise
Customer Strategy – Customer Strategy /
Who We Are:
RoadRunner Recycling started in 2014 with the idea to elevate and transform recycling in a world dominated by waste. Our success is built on delivering unprecedented value by using technology and expertise to guarantee cost savings, increase recycling rates, and provide reliable services for our customers. Over the past 8 years we have worked with more than 10,000 customer locations and helped them to save on average between 10-20% savings on their monthly waste spend while also improving their recycling efficiencies. We are proud that we have won several awards, most recently Best Place to Work 2021 by the Pittsburgh Business Times and Best Tech Startups in PA 2021.
We are fueled by passion and purpose to reinvent recycling and transform the waste industry toward a more sustainable future. We do this through a dedicated team who value what we value; trust, caring personally about each other, embracing challenge, humility, and accountability.
Our Glassdoor reviews are fantastic (4.0/5 on 198 reviews), our CEO’s approval rating is 96%, and 74% of our reviewers would recommend working here. Our Indeed ratings have consistently improved as we’ve been expanding our teams (3.3/5 on 40 reviews) and we now have over 12K followers on LinkedIn.
The Senior Pricing Analyst, Enterprise will support the daily operations of the Customer Strategy Department at RoadRunner Recycling with tasks requiring advanced computer skills and strong analytical background.
- Consolidate & organize prospective customer’s waste data obtained from multiple sources for the purpose of:
- Analyzing large datasets to compare current vs market prices and identify waste cost reduction strategies
- Preparing key findings and recommending profit generating strategies that align with the prospective customer’s goals
- Auditing for and reporting on data reliability from various sources
- Troubleshooting pricing issues and questions
- Preparing bid sheets for distribution to preferred vendor network
- Appending data as requested to customize pricing proposals
- Creating custom proposals & resources for sales & operational purposes
- Ad hoc data and report requests
- Leverage internal software, data and processes to conduct an analysis of the prospective customer’s waste data to identify practical cost reduction strategies and prepare summary for internal stakeholders
- Present analysis, key findings and recommended waste cost reduction strategies to Sales and Operations management teams on a weekly basis with an emphasis on completeness and accuracy
- Conduct bid processes with preferred network of vendors to build proposals for prospective customers on an as needed basis
- Contribute to continuous training of pricing, sales, and operations personnel through informal coaching.
- Develop and initiate training of new system processes and/or new source document nomenclature which would affect how data is inputted into our system by the sales, operations, or finance departments.
- Reports To: Pricing Team Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Interacts with: Sales, Operations, Marketplace, Waste Vendor Partners
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Skills and Experience:
- 3 Years of experience in a pricing role, with a strong preference for waste industry experience
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to act without having the whole picture using sound judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Advanced experience with Excel, SQL a plus
- Passionate about business results and quality, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics and ownership.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp the tactical details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, is dynamic, and can capture a group’s interest and maintain it as well as the ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task and effectively prioritize conflicting assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving. Solid decision making in a timely manner.
- Trust: this value helps us bridge gaps and guarantee a tenacious and collaborative spirit in all we do.
- Humility: we must always remain modest to receive feedback, see things from a new perspective, and challenge ourselves to evolve.
- Passion: the cornerstone of motivation and helps encourage us to surpass our goals.
- Embrace Challenge: by appreciating every obstacle and reframing it as an opportunity to learn, we can all grow stronger as a team and company.
- Accountability: we each take responsibility for our successes and failures, we always come out stronger on the other side with an awareness of how to do better.
- Care Personally About Each Other: we believe that it is the diversity in perspectives and backgrounds that encourage innovation and teamwork. Great achievements from great teams are only possible when team members care personally about one another.
Apply now and see why Business Insider named RoadRunner Recycling the #1 Hottest Enterprise Start-Up in the Country AND is Pittsburgh’s “Best Place to Work”!
We thank all candidates for their interest in RoadRunner Recycling, but we cannot respond to everyone personally. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to reviewing your application!
RoadRunner Recycling is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. It is the policy of RoadRunner Recycling that qualified individuals with disabilities are not discriminated against because of their disabilities regarding job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of RoadRunner Recycling to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. RoadRunner Recycling is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship.