Customer Success Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
Who We Are:
RoadRunner Recycling started in 2014 with the idea to elevate and transform recycling in a world dominated by waste. Our success is built on delivering unprecedented value by using technology and expertise to guarantee cost savings, increase recycling rates, and provide reliable services for our customers. Over the past 8 years we have worked with more than 10,000 customer locations and helped them to save on average between 10-20% savings on their monthly waste spend while also improving their recycling efficiencies. We are proud that we have won several awards, most recently Best Place to Work 2021 by the Pittsburgh Business Times and Best Tech Startups in PA 2021.
We are fueled by passion and purpose to reinvent recycling and transform the waste industry toward a more sustainable future. We do this through a dedicated team who value what we value; trust, caring personally about each other, embracing challenge, humility, and accountability.
Our Glassdoor reviews are fantastic (4.0/5 on 198 reviews), our CEO’s approval rating is 96%, and 74% of our reviewers would recommend working here. Our Indeed ratings have consistently improved as we’ve been expanding our teams (3.3/5 on 40 reviews) and we now have over 12K followers on LinkedIn.
The Customer Success Manager role serves as a primary point of contact with RoadRunner's customers. This role works closely with customers to promote retention, loyalty, and growth opportunities, working to ensure overall satisfaction with the services they receive and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction. This role is responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously and acting as a bridge between RoadRunner's customers and internal operating departments.
- Oversee onboarding-related activities (attend pre-sales discussions, kickoff calls, billing needs alignment, monitor/communicate project progress/milestones); Serve as quarterback role with internal RoadRunner Implementation and Operations teams to ensure smooth and on-time integration.
- Responsible for Customer Health oversight and resolution across supporting areas. Partners cross-functionally with internal partners to develop effective strategy and intervention plans to address customer health, including direct involvement in activities necessary to stabilize and save at-risk client business.
- Lead customer expansion and margin opportunities (SWAP/diversion/optimization/new opportunities).
- Serve as quarterback role with internal RoadRunner teams to ensure smooth and on-time transition.
- Tasks include presenting strategy quote/estimate, gaining customer approval, resource/team alignment, timeline coordination, monitor and communicate progress/milestones, tracking execution/issues.
- Conduct proactive customer Health Check-in meetings; Work with customer to define success criteria measurements and execute Qtrly and Annual Reviews (i.e. customer savings, hauler report card activity, best practices and identification of growth/margin opportunities).
- Performs all customer retention risk and off-boarding related activities
- Provide mentoring to new team members. Participate in coordination, testing and customer meetings on new features/tools.
- Customer Success Mangers (CSM) Report To: Senior Manager, Mid-Market Customer Success
- Direct Reports: None
- Interacts with: Customers, Operations teams, Finance team, Customer Success Representatives, Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Skills and Experience:
- 3 years Customer Service
- 2 years of project/program management in customer success roles
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; is dynamic and can capture a group’s interest and maintain it as well as the ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view.
- Passionate about business results and quality, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics and ownership.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp the tactical details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task and effectively prioritize conflicting assignments with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving. Solid decision making in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn new software and systems. Experience with HubSpot is beneficial.
- Trust: this value helps us bridge gaps and guarantee a tenacious and collaborative spirit in all we do.
- Humility: we must always remain modest to receive feedback, see things from a new perspective, and challenge ourselves to evolve.
- Passion: the cornerstone of motivation and helps encourage us to surpass our goals.
- Embrace Challenge: by appreciating every obstacle and reframing it as an opportunity to learn, we can all grow stronger as a team and company.
- Accountability: we each take responsibility for our successes and failures, we always come out stronger on the other side with an awareness of how to do better.
- Care Personally About Each Other: we believe that it is the diversity in perspectives and backgrounds that encourage innovation and teamwork. Great achievements from great teams are only possible when team members care personally about one another.
Apply now and see why Business Insider named RoadRunner Recycling the #1 Hottest Enterprise Start-Up in the Country AND is Pittsburgh’s “Best Place to Work”!
We thank all candidates for their interest in RoadRunner Recycling, but we cannot respond to everyone personally. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to reviewing your application!
RoadRunner Recycling is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. It is the policy of RoadRunner Recycling that qualified individuals with disabilities are not discriminated against because of their disabilities regarding job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of RoadRunner Recycling to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. RoadRunner Recycling is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship.