Robin was started in 2014 as a spinoff of a digital agency. There, in touring clients' offices, we saw an opportunity to tackle the workplace hurdles everyone encountered. Meetings were constantly rescheduled due to overbooking and stolen rooms. People lacked the right office space for tasks at hand. Something had to give. Five years later, we're tackling the workplace experience one square foot at a time.
Based in Boston, we're made up of over 70 diverse employees today, with remote colleagues from California to Lithuania. Robin's crew includes foodies, sculptors, writers, artists, athletes, sneakerheads, hikers, skiers, skaters, runners and more. And we're all united behind the idea of making thousands of offices around the world (like HubSpot, Shopify, and Kayak) more enjoyable places to walk into each day.
Robin is looking for an experienced product designer to help lead new initiatives and be involved in all aspects of the product development process. As a Product Designer at Robin, you'll work to shape and lead new features, improve existing Robin products, and synthesize ideas from colleagues and customers.
Here’s what your week might look like as a Product Designer:
- Create and maintain Robin's design system
- Work with product & marketing to design compelling features
- Conduct usability tests to improve and validate your designs
- Improve Robin's design process
- Facilitate design sprints to shape product improvements and features
- Help make Robin a better place to work
What qualifications do I need?
- You're as excited about conducting usability tests as you are about great visual design.
- You understand the constraints of the platforms and technologies you're designing for.
- You're familiar with the development process and are comfortable working closely with engineers. Prototyping or implementing your designs using HTML/CSS/JS isn't expected, but it's a bonus.
- You're highly efficient in the tools of the trade, i.e. Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, Origami Studio, Abstract, etc.
- You want to work closely with customers and colleagues to achieve the best results.
- You care about the details just as much as the overall experience.
- You treat digital product design as a craft to be mastered.
- You're excited to learn new things, take initiative, and get out of your comfort zone.
- You communicate well. We are a collaborative group and are looking for someone who is collegial, upbeat, and open to exchanging feedback. Attitude is just as important to us as ability.
Show us your best UI, UX, and product design work via a portfolio site, Dribbble, etc. We’d love to hear about the thinking behind your work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.