Technical Support Specialist
Robin was started in 2014 as a spinoff of a digital agency. There, in touring clients' offices, we saw an opportunity to tackle the workplace hurdles everyone encountered. Meetings were constantly rescheduled due to overbooking and stolen rooms. People lacked the right office space for tasks at hand. Something had to give. Five years later, we're tackling the workplace experience one square foot at a time.
Based in Boston, we're made up of over 70 diverse employees today, with remote colleagues from California to Lithuania. Robin's crew includes foodies, sculptors, writers, artists, athletes, sneakerheads, hikers, skiers, skaters, runners and more. And we're all united behind the idea of making thousands of offices around the world (like HubSpot, Shopify, and Kayak) more enjoyable places to walk into each day.
Our customer experience team is looking to hire a technical support specialist to make sure we make the right first impression consistently every month.
A few traits you're proud of:
- Organization. Few details get past you, especially when there's a lot going on.
- Focus. Proactive problem solving prevents bigger issues. You know how to - wrangle teammates to get things done.
- Personality. People enjoy talking to you. You also enjoy talking with them.
- Knowledge-hungry. Not knowing something agitates you in a big way. You love teaching yourself (and others) new concepts. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Skilled writer. Support documentation is an art, and you're good at tuning articles to reflect the best version of a process.
- Patience and empathy. Customers like this, especially when you're troubleshooting Exchange 2007.
- Self-drive. You love measuring your own progress and have a good sense of what needs work next.
A typical week for you will include:
- Guiding customers through deployment, set up, and ongoing optimization of their Robin setups.
- Responding to support requests via live chat, email, or (believe it or not in 2019) phone.
- Being an evening person is preferred for this role because this individual will be supporting our west-coast customers.
- Reaching out to existing customers, so they continue to have a good time. Retention is a team sport, but it's also a marathon. You'll be a strong champion internally for both.
- Working with the product and sales teams to make sure feedback (e.g. feature requests) gets to the right places.
We’re making a big dent in the smart office of the future. Come be a part of it -- this will be fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.