Senior Product Manager
Robin was started in 2014 as a spinoff of a digital agency. In touring clients’ offices, we saw an opportunity to tackle workplace hurdles everyone encountered: meetings were constantly rescheduled due to overbooking and stolen rooms; people lacked the right office space for tasks at hand - something had to give. Five years later, we're tackling the workplace experience one square foot at a time.
Based in Boston, we're 70 crewmates going on 140. We have remote colleagues from California to Lithuania. Robin's team includes foodies, sculptors, writers, artists, athletes, sneakerheads, hikers, skiers, skaters, runners, and more. We're all united behind the idea of making thousands of offices around the world (like HubSpot, Shopify, and Kayak) more enjoyable places to walk into each day.
We’re growing quickly across engineering and design, and are looking to add product managers to the team. Ideally, you have been a product manager for some time, have a solid understanding of how successful B2B SaaS companies work, and have built product features from the ground up.
Along with this, the right person takes pride in the fact that they have demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Execution. You know how to address the problem and can wrangle teammates to get things done.
- Customer Focus. Customers enjoy talking to you. You also enjoy talking with them. And you can translate these conversations into action.
- Learning. Product management is a team sport. You love learning new things and helping others do the same. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Adaptable. You understand things can change. You don’t fear change, but welcome it and know how to adjust projects/timelines/goals quickly.
- Resolve. When things get tough, you lean in, roll up your sleeves, and get the job done anyway.
At Robin, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, with many different teams. As a Product Manager at Robin, your typical week will look something like this:
- Interact with customers, either in person, on the phone, or during a sales demo. At Robin, customer relationships are key. They allow us to gut check our strategy, and ensure what we are building is what current and prospect customers need to take on their problems. Steer strategy and execution for feature releases.
- Coordinate third party integrations, and (with the help of our partners) identify new ways to explore where Robin can go next in the office.
- Break down Really Big Ideas into smaller steps, and work with engineering team to deliver meaningful product enhancements.
- Work with product marketing to decide on pricing, feature messaging, and the best way to introduce the "next big thing".
- Analyze various data points to help create a better product. For example: measure app usage to monitor adoption of new feature and provide recommendations to improve customer experience.
We’re creating the smart office of the future. We’d love to have you be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.