Product Manager, Employee Experience
At some point you’ve probably attended or scheduled a meeting -- maybe it was in a room, on video or over the phone -- then your meeting room gets stolen, you don't have the right resources, or you can't find where you need to be. Finding space and time to communicate can be painful. The problem is easy to understand but difficult to solve. That's where Robin comes in. We build software that coordinates meeting spaces, people and things in your workplace so you can get back to doing your best work.
About Our Team:
The Robin Product team builds tools to help employees in thousands of offices around the world use their workplaces better. We are hiring a Product Manager for our employee experience team to help discover pain points with current workflows and build and test solutions across our web, mobile, and tablet apps. If you’re excited by the idea of building products that people love, we want to talk to you!
What You'll Do:
- Own the problem space. Know the who, what and why behind what we’re building and be able to communicate that to internal stakeholders.
- Advocate for customers. Write user stories and prioritize the backlog to focus on the most important problems first. Represent the customer during internal discussions with the team.
- Validate hypotheses. Meet with customers and internal stakeholders to better understand customer pain points and use cases, and to test whether solutions are on track.
- Measure progress. Review product analytics and usage data to measure the impact of changes, and to identify opportunities to improve.
- Know the market. Conduct and present market research and competitor analysis to the rest of the product team.
Who You Are:
- Adaptable. You are able to work on multiple projects and love a fast-paced environment
- Data-Driven. You’re passionate about using and understanding data to solve problems.
- Collaborative. You enjoy partnering with various team to drive analytics on business trends through multiple systems.
- Articulate. You are able to communicate technical findings based on complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Curious. You want to get to the why and roll up your sleeves to get the answers.
What You Need:
- 2+ years of product management experience at a B2B or B2C company
- Experience working with engineers, designers, internal stakeholders, customers and integrating those partnerships into impactful products
- Confidence using data and analytics to back up key insights
- Experience across the product life cycle including research, ideation, launch, and iteration
We’re creating the smart office of the future. We’d love to have you be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.